You have a WordPress site that means you already know about the importance of SEO. It’s the main magic behind increasing the organic traffic to your site, right? Having said that, if you’re not getting as much traffic as your competitors get, probably you’re optimizing SEO in the wrong way.
It happens when we take SEO lightly (intentionally or unintentionally). But you should remember that only SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two websites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized website is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
If you are still not convinced and determined to revise your SEO for your website, let us show you the reasons why SEO is that damn important to stick to the race and not to be faded away halfway.
So keep reading this blog as we are going to show you some proven reasons for doing SEO correctly and take the best out of it.
Why SEO Is Important for WordPress Business Owners
SEO is a way for search engine users to determine which sites are eligible to rank higher in the results of each query. It sets an order when users search for something online and displays the search engine results accordingly.
Let’s check the main reasons why SEO is so important at a glance-
- Helps to Increase Visibility and Ranking
- Increases Domain Authority of Your Website
- Enhances User Experience
- Builds More Credibility
- Helps to Understand What’s Your Target Audience are Looking for
- Long-Term Traffic Equity
- Global Reach with Minimal Cost
- Ensure More Conversions
- Helps You to Outrank Your Competitors
Now we’ll make an in-depth analysis of every point that we have mentioned above.
1- Helps to Increase Visibility And Ranking
One of the best reasons why SEO is important is that it enhances the brand’s visibility and improves the website’s search ranking which attracts customers and keeps them on the site.
The main purpose of SEO is to improve the search ranking of a website. Now the question may come to your mind, why ranking is important? Because research has shown that 75% of searchers never cross the first page. So if your site rank is not on the first page then it may not reach most of the users. In this case, SEO plays an important role in improving your site’s ranking and bringing it to the first page of search engines.
Even better is if you can stay in the “Google’s featured position” and “People Also Ask” box with the help of SEO. These Featured Snippets will show your site in front of the users that increase your site’s visibility as well as visitors too. If you do not have a clear idea about the “Google’s featured position” and “People Also Ask” box then let us show you what it is.
Google’s Featured Position: Google’s featured position or featured snippet is the direct answer to that question when you search for a specific topic. It appears above the SERP results. It can come in a variety of formats such as paragraphs, images, bullet lists, charts, tables, numbered lists, etc.
For example, this is a numbered list of Google’s featured positions.
People Also Ask box: The People Also Ask (PPA) box is a Google-rich snippet feature and a set of questions related to the user search. It provides users with additional information about what they are looking for. When the user clicks on a question, a text snippet with a short answer to the question appears.
The image above is of a “People Also Ask” box, which shows many more queries and answers related to the topic being searched.
Now you know how important featured snippets are to increase your site’s visibility and ranking. But maybe you still don’t know how to optimize content for the featured position? No worries, below we have given some key steps on how to optimize content for a featured position.
- Create quality content that users are more likely to search for. Because Google chooses content for featured snippets that are standard and user-friendly.
- Add a Table of Content that makes it easier for Google to find the effectiveness of featured snippets.
- Improve the SEO ranking of website content which can bring your content to the top 10 on the first page of SERP.
- Optimize images for featured snippets and add an alt text relevant to the keyword & the given query.
- Most featured snippets have direct answers to questions. So, add an FAQ section in your content that can improve the chances of showing some part of your content in a featured snippet.
2- Increases Domain Authority of Your Website
There are now billions of websites around the world that are trying to establish themselves on the Internet every day. If you are one of them then the domain authority can help you to make your website rank higher.
Domain Authority (DA) is one of the most important factors in determining how well your website will rank in search engines.
The most important aspect of DA is that it increases the SERP’s position. It also increases affiliate sales, attracts sponsor posts, guest posts, and comments, as well as attracts advertisers on a larger scale. So it can be said that domain authority not only does SEO work but also makes a website relevant.
However, if your website domain authority is too low, then you will be deprived of these important benefits, which are not good news for your website.
We got a brief idea about DA. Now a question comes to our mind, how do we increase the Domain Authority of our website? So let’s take a look at the following bullet points about how you can increase the DA of your website.
- The most important thing is backlinks so you need to be consistent in backlink building.
- Work on your site’s on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO.
- You need to try to make the site user-friendly and responsive to attract visitors.
- Make sure the content posted on the website is unique, creative, and relevant.
- When posting a blog or content, you need to maintain the frequency and consistency that people are likely to be attracted to.
- Share your content over and over again by creating pages on social platforms so that it reaches a wider audience.
- Nowadays mobile users have increased a lot so make your website mobile-friendly.
- Finally, you have to be patient because the domain authority of a website does not increase immediately.
3- Enhances User Experience
Everyone wants a good organic ranking and maximum visibility for their website. And a great way to get there is through the user experience. Nowadays user experience has become an important factor for the success of a website. The purpose of the user experience is to offer the information users are looking for
quickly and easily with fewer clicks.
At present, user experience has become the number one priority for every marketer. It is very important because it meets the needs of the user, keeps the user loyal to the product or brand, it keeps the customers on your product which is most essential for your business success.
There was a time when you were number one with a page full of keywords because SEO was easy then but now Google and other search engines consider hundreds of things to rank a page higher in their results pages. This is because the elements of user experience have been added to the best practices of SEO. So the better the user experience of a site, the more likely that site is to rank.
Quality SEO incorporates a positive user experience. SEO makes it easier for you to use your website and improving the UX design reduces the bounce rate of the website which will further increase your ranking. However, SEO can enhance the user experience in a variety of ways. Let’s have a look
- Use of Headings: The headings are very important for your content. This is a great way to use keywords and boost SEO. Headings make it easier for users to find information and lost pages, as well as make it easier for search engine crawlers to understand your content. The titles are respectively <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, <h4>, <h5> and <h6>.
- Mobile Experience Pages: If we think about the mobile experience, we see that more than half of the visitors visit the web using their mobile phones. For this, it is very important for you to pay close attention to the layout, appearance, feel, text, images, and experience of your mobile site. Navigation is one of the most important elements of the mobile experience. Also, every element like the button size and design directly affects the user experience and SEO of your mobile website.
- Site Speed: Site speed is very important. If your site is not faster then users will leave. A fast-loading site provides a good user experience as well as plays an important role in the ranking of the site. Importantly, your website should not only load fast but also your mobile experience should be fast. You can improve the loading time and boost the SEO of your site by compressing images, learning different clean codes, and using a fast web-host server.
- Easy Site Navigation: Easy navigation makes it easy for the user to use a site and helps them to complete the task in less time with no confusion. Google search results on a simple site can show site links that can take your site to the top of search engine results pages. Most visitors do not enter the site through the home page so your site should be easy to navigate. Currently, powerful multi-page sites are still good for SEO because they are easy for users to navigate.
4- Builds More Credibility
When people search for something and get your site in top results that make them believe that your site is trustworthy. There are a few things you need to keep in mind to make your site more credible. Some of the major ones are:
- You need to research keywords to improve and add content to your site, increase site speed and rank higher.
- Always keep an eye on the SEO of the site to make sure it is right because SEO lays a strong foundation for a beautiful website with a clean, effective user experience. As a result, searchers can easily find what they need.
- It takes a lot of patience, effort, and commitment on the part of every brand to provide quality products or services. When you provide quality products or services, it will make your brand more credible to the customers.
- Creating some content where there are solutions to the problems that users face. For example, nowadays people are constantly getting bored of the extra advertising online and are starting to suffer from the fatigue of advertising. In this case, if your content is with ad-blocking software, it will become popular with users in a very short time. This will put your website at the top of the search page as well as increase its credibility with the users.
5- Helps to Understand What’s Your Target Audience are Looking for
SEO can help you attract your target audience at a given time. The role of audiences is very important in ranking a site. If you want to keep them on your site, then you need to do something that attracts them. In this case, you have to pay attention to a few aspects, those are:
Keyword Research: Keyword research is a common and important part of SEO. It delivers your content to your target audience. To do this, first, make a list of the keywords you want to rank for. Then, you need to use keyword research tools. Because, without the right keyword research tools, you will not find perfect keywords to rank. For your convenience, below are some popular keyword research tools.
- Google Keyword Planner
- Long Tail Pro
- Keyword Tool
- Moz Keyword Explorer
Search Trends: Another important topic is search trends. When you type something you like in the Google search bar, it shows you some trending keywords. These search trends attract the user to click on them.
For example, see the image above. We’ve just typed “how to” here, but due to the search trends here are showing a lot of results.
Competitor Analysis: Competitor analysis is a technique by which analysts can find out information about the products, sales, and marketing strategies of their main competitors. When analyzing your competitors you can find out there:
- How they attract customers with
- By adopting what kind of strategy they are increasing their sales and marketing
- What kind of products are customers getting from them
- You can exclude from your product the kind of products that customers dislike from there
This way, when you find these in your analytics, you will be able to give your service to the customer’s pm references, which will help pull them to your site.
6- Long-Term Traffic Equity
There is no doubt that SEO plays an important role in increasing the site’s traffic. Now the question is how stable is this traffic? SEO is a long-term process that helps websites rank higher in SERP results in the long run.
However, it may take a few days for search engines to evaluate whether your site deserves to be the first, and sometimes it can take weeks or even months. While SEO does require an upfront resource investment, SEO rankings, once earned, have a long-term duration.
7- Global Reach with Minimal Cost
Do you know that 89% of marketers believe that SEO is a successful and cost-effective strategy? Yes, it is true.SEO has a global reach. It can provide a dynamic translation and localization. This reach of SEO can bring new and unexpected customers from all corners of the world. And for optimizing SEO you don’t need to spend too much money.
In particular, SEO is a very cost-effective way for small businesses. It helps them to improve at low cost using its skills. SEO plays an important role for small businesses to give services based on their client’s goals, budgets, and preferences which increases the proceeds of businesses.
Since SEO targets users who are very active and the traffic generated from SEO is more qualified than many other marketing strategies. So companies can only do their necessary work with SEO which saves them a lot of costs.
8- Ensure More Conversions
SEO traffic often converts better than other channels. This is because SEO rankings often show confidence from search engines.
Every business wants to reach the top of Google search results and they are trying accordingly. And this is the main goal of SEO strategy. Now the question is what is the value of the first-page ranking?
According to the most popular SEO tool Moz, Google’s first page captures 71% of all search clicks. Although in recent years, they have reported over 90%. In the 71%, the top five results got 67.6% clicks, and the remaining five only 3.73%.
On the other hand, a study of billion search results shows that out of the top 5 results, about 28.5% of searchers click on the first result. Also, the second and third positions have a click-through rate of 15% and 11%, respectively.
So, to ensure more conversions, it is very important for your business site to stay in the first 3 or at least 5 in search engine rankings.
9- Helps You to Outrank Your Competitors
Since you have a business, you will naturally have many competitors. Those who compete against you for a place in the top 10 of Google. Every successful company knows that SEO is one of the keys to surpassing its competitors. And because of this, your competitors will invest in SEO. So, to overtake them you need to also invest.
As you already know, the first page of Google search results gets more than 90% of the traffic so if you are not there then this is not good news for your business at all. So you need to use some valuable techniques to stay on top of Google search. The key strategies are:
- By identifying competitors, you need to analyze their strengths and weaknesses
- You have to improve your domain authority
- Make sure your site is mobile-friendly
- Ensure fast loading capacity of your site and content pages
- Add content that your competitors have overlooked and make a good headline for them.
- Make your content easy to read
- Focus on creating the best content and delivering the best user experience
These all are the parts of SEO. So we can say, if you can optimize your SEO properly, you can outrank your competitors easily.
Bonus: New Trends of SEO in 2022
So far we have learned about the main importance of SEO for WordPress business owners. We think It is not enough for you because SEO is no longer what it used to be. Google will not give you a priority if you want to apply SEO to your content as before.
So to get ahead of Google and outperform your competitors, you need to know about the current best SEO trends. Below are some of the current top SEO trends:
Artificial Intelligence: If you want to see the current best SEO trends, you will see artificial intelligence above all. It can play an important role in your content marketing as well as analyze your site’s keywords, themes, and domains. Importantly, AI understands what kind of information a user likes and influences them towards your site with the information accordingly.
Google Core Web Vitals: This is a ranking factor that optimizes websites for how fast the page loads, interactive, and how stable it is when loading. It works to ensure a good user experience. Significantly, It can be used to measure the performance of the website.
Featured Snippets: When you search with something on the SERP page, you will find some exact content related to your search, which are Featured Snippets. This helps to get high traffic to your site as well as increase the number of visitors.
Voice Search: A study found that 27% of the current population and 60% of mobile phone users search by voice most of the time. This is because it is very easy to use voice search for any required subject and it is about 3.7 times faster than typing. It is suitable for electronic devices like mobile phones, tablets, and so on. However, keep in mind that the keyword optimized for voice search must be a long-tail keyword.
Google E-A-T: E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) helps determine if a webpage has the necessary content. It is designed with the necessary ingredients to create a good quality website. It lets you understand what kind of content your clients value. As a result, you can create the content they want, which helps you gain their trust and rank higher in the SERP.
Google’s SMITH Algorithm: SMITH (Siamese Multi-depth Transformer-based Hierarchical) is a transformer-based classified encoder. It improves the quality of long-form content as well as helps users find and understand the right content. It basically focuses on long questions and understanding of documents.
Video Content: Video content is the formatting of any content via video. Common forms of video content include animated GIFs, vlogs, live videos, recorded presentations, and more. Whenever it comes to video, the best social media video channel YouTube appears in front of us. It’s simple because at present YouTube’s influence in SEO is increasing and the users are now more influenced by video. So video SEO is very important for your site.
Without SEO, it’s hard to tell how to get a website into search engine rankings, grow a business, or find the information we seek every day. One of the best ways to reach the top of a search engine is through SEO.
In this article, we have taught you about the importance of SEO for WordPress Business Owners. You know that SEO is important for your site or product. Also, the important elements of SEO, without which SEO is worthless. And finally, the popular trends that have made SEO even better.
We hope, in this guide, you find what you are looking for about SEO. If you still have any problems, you can let us know in the comment box below.