Watch this video for a step by step process on how to register private nameservers for your domain
Every website has a unique IP address, and it is difficult to remember the IP address and that’s why we access a site using its domain name. Like www.milesweb.com and not by its IP. In the backend, a nameserver resolves a domain name to IP address after which a website is accessible in your browser.
If you want to create your own nameservers for your domain name, register your own hostnames with the domain you have registered through MilesWeb. With private nameservers, you will be able to use your own identity in nameservers.
Now let’s start with the step by step process to register your domain name servers:
- Login to the MilesWeb client area.
- Click on Registered Domains
- On the My Domains page, choose a domain for which you want to register private nameserver and click on Manage Domain.
- Then on the next page, go to More and select Private Nameservers.
- In Register, a NameServer Name section fill the required information such as Nameserver name and IP Address in the respective fields.
- In the IP address section enter your actual server IP address and click on Save Changes.
- Repeat the same procedure to register more nameservers.
- After the successful registration, you can set all your domain names to use the registered private nameservers.
- One thing to remember that, most of the nameserver changes require additional 24-48 hours for this change to take place. This is applicable to all domains with any registrar, not just MilesWeb.
So in this way you can register private nameservers for your domain.
Normally, it requires around 48 hours for MilesWeb to register your updates.
After successful registration, you can set all your domain names to use the registered private name servers.