Optimization is extremely important for reducing the loading time of the website. When the loading time of the website reduces, the page views increase and there is a decrease in the bounce rate as well. Here is the complete process of optimizing database tables in osCommerce.
- Log in to your osCommerce store as admin and head to the dashboard.
- Navigate to Tools >> Database Tables. The database tables for the website will be visible.
- Select the tables and click on the option ‘Optimize Tables’ through the drop-down menu.
- You will see a list of all the tables and along with that, there will be a section of optimization that will enable you to reduce the table size as well.
- You can select the individual tables as well for optimizing them.