You can easily add more categories in OpenCart so that the products can be featured more appropriately on the website. The steps for adding product categories in OpenCart are mentioned below:
- Login to your OpenCart account.
- Go to the section – Catalog >> Categories.
- Click on the ‘Insert’ option present in the upper right corner.
- In the ‘General tab’, enter the fields of your new category (you can make changes in this section whenever you want). The most important field is the ‘Category Name’.
- Click on the ‘Data’ tab and enter the fields that you want to fill. All these fields are optional.
- Click on the ‘Design’ tab and select the appropriate option from the drop down menu. This is optional as well.
- Once you have configured all the options, click on ‘Save’.
You have now created the product category! You can add the desired number of categories for your online store or website by following these steps.