In order to use Google Analytics for your OpenCart website or for any other type of website, you need to have an account on Google Analytics and get your website’s unique tracking ID. Once you get this ID, you can configure analytics for your OpenCart website. Unlike the other CMS platforms and ecommerce applications, there is no need for you to install any separate plugin or module for incorporating Google Analytics. Google Analytics support is provided by default by OpenCart.
In order to enable the Google Analytics feature, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to OpenCart with your admin account.
- Go to the option – ‘Analytics’.
- Look for ‘Google Analytics’, and then click on the installation icon.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- A Google Analytics Code text box will be shown, enter your Google Analytics tracking ID there.
- Click on ‘Enabled’ in the Status list box.
- Click on ‘Save’.
It can take a time up to 24 hours for the Google Analytics program to change the tracking status from ‘Tracking Not Installed’ to ‘Receiving Data’.