This tutorial presents 2 primary methods for creating new wiki pages in MediaWiki.
Creating New Page From A Link:
Wikis are similar to most web authoring platforms and they do not consist of a ‘New Page’ option.
New pages are created by:
- Creating a link to a non-existent page.
- Following this link and adding content to it.
- Saving the page that finalizes the content creation.
Creating A New Page With The ‘Add to category’ option:
Creating a new page through the link is a slightly confusing process. Wiki authors can also create a new page through any category page.
- Go to the category page where you want to add an article.
- Enter the page name in the ‘Add page…’ section.
- Click on ‘Create.