Watch this video for a step by step process on how to Filter Emails in DirectAdmin?
With DirectAdmin, you can filter e-mails that are spam e-mails with some simple settings.
Steps to Filter E-mails in DirectAdmin
1. Log in to your account of DirectAdmin.
2. Go to the E-mail Manager section and click on Spam Filters.
3. Specify the criteria by selecting Block By to block the e-mails from a source and define constraints in the Value box.
You can choose from:
- E-mail: To block e-mails from a certain e-mail address.
- Domain: To block e-mails generated from a given domain.
- Stop word: To block e-mails containing a given word.
- Size: To block e-mails that are larger than a certain size. You can freely choose the size of the e-mails you want to block.
Then, click the Block button to filter the e-mails from the specified source. The dashboard flashes a message ‘Filter Set’ and the filter is created as shown in the screenshot.
4. Under Options, you can enable or disable the Adult Filter by checking the box to auto-block common adult phrases, words or addresses. You will get a success message as Adult filter set.
5. You can select a course of action for spam mails from Drop E-mail or Send to spambox.
- If you select Drop E-mail, the e-mail would be ignored and won’t be seen in the receiver’s inbox.
- If you select Send to spambox, the e-mail will be sent in the Junk/Spam folder.
You will get a success message as filter action saved.
E-mail filters serve as effective guards against common cyber attacks. They add an extra layer of protection for your e-mail.