You can easily install the CMS Made Simple CMS with the use of Softculous in cPanel.
You need to follow the steps mentioned below in order to install CMS Made Simple through Softaculous:
- Login to your cPanel account.
- In the section – ‘Softaculous Apps Installer’ present on the cPanel home screen, click on any of the options present under ‘categories’.
- The Softaculous Installer page will appear.
- In the ‘Search’ box, type ‘cms made simple’ and press Enter. You can also use the navigation panel present on the left hand side for doing this – Click on ‘Portals/CMS’ and then click on ‘CMS Made Simple’.
- Click on ‘Install’ and the installation process will be displayed.
- Select the ‘Protocol’ from the ‘Choose Protocol’ list box. (In case you have an SSL certificate on your website, select – ‘https://’ or ‘https://www.’ and if you do not have an SSL certificate on your website, select – ‘http://’ or ‘http://www.’
- From the ‘Choose Domain’ section, select the domain for which you wish to install CMS Made Simple or accept the default value.
- Enter the directory where you want to install this CMS in the ‘In Directory’ text box or accept the default value.
- In the ‘Database Name’ section, enter the name of the database that has to be created for the application or accept the default value.
- In the ‘Site Name’ section, enter the website name. The website name is displayed in the title bar of the user’s web browser by default when the user visits your website.
- In the ‘Table Prefix’ section, enter the database table prefix or accept the default value.
- Enter the administrator username in the ‘Admin Username’ field.
- Enter the administrator password in the ‘Admin Password’ field.
- In the ‘Admin Email’ field, enter the email address of the website administrator.
- From the ‘Select Language’ list box, select the default language for the application.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon for expanding the Advanced Options.
- If you don’t want to receive any email notifications when the application updates are available, then click on the ‘Disable Update Notifications’ check box.
- In order to receive the website configuration information once the installation process is complete, enter an email address in the field ‘Email installation details to’.
- Go through the installation options and settings once again and if everything looks good, click on ‘Install’.
After the installation process is complete, Softaculous will provide you complete information about the configuration of the application.