You can easily check and change the directory and file permissions through your cPanel File Manager.
- Login to cPanel and go to ‘File Manager’.
- Ensure that the File Manager is perfectly configures so that it includes the hidden files present in the files list.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the upper right corner and click on ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Click on Save.
- Select the file or folder for which you want to check the permissions and click on ‘Permissions’.
- In the ‘Change Permissions’ box, you will see the permissions displayed in numeric notations and according to the permission type.